|SA HOMESCHOOLERS - A Guide to Home Schooling in South Africa
|Contact Person:||Bouwe Van Der Eems|
The mission of SA Homeschoolers to empower parents to choose the best education for their children. Since we began in 2011, SA Homeschoolers has established itself as the most comprehensive independent website on homeschooling in South Africa.
We are not aligned to any specific curriculum or educational approach. We provide a starting point for parents that are considering home education, and keep those that have already started informed on the latest developments.
SA Homeschoolers promotes it's mission by aiming to achieve the following objectives :
• To be the most findable and accessible, independent, internet platform on home education in South Africa. This platform consists of the www.sahomeschoolers.org website, the “Home Education in South Africa” Facebook page and the SAHomeschoolers Youtube channel.
• To be the starting point for parents that consider home education or other forms of alternative education, such as community based learning institutions.
• Provide a safe platform for parents to get into contact with support groups, discussion forums and learning centres.
• To keep parents and other stakeholders informed on developments on alternative education and to contribute to the creation of a positive public opinion on alternative education.
• Provide a channel through which the suppliers of educational products and services can reach the market of parents that have chosen alternative education.
Parents that consider home education have many questions. How to start homeschooling? Read more about getting started.
For more information on how to get started, Curriculums, Matric, Support and our various Learning centres - please visit our WEBSITE.